Is The Aloe Vera Diet Really An End To Yo-Yo Diets? Part 2
In part 1 of my description of the Aloe Vera diet I told you my story of how using this incredible diet I lost 30 pounds healthily and easily. In part 2, let’s deal with the ‘elephant in the room’, namely does the Aloe vera diet consist of aloe vera for breakfast, lunch, dinner; do I have to eat Aloe vera soup, stew, grilled, roasted and so on? Anything as long as it’s 100% Aloe vera!
Well relax. No! You are not living on Aloe vera and nothing else! Far from it. If you follow this program you will be consuming Aloe vera gel in a very pure and crucially, ‘live’ form, every day. However, you will also be eating a healthy balanced and nutritious diet that will leave your feeling full, satisfied and most important of all, nutritionally supported throughout your weight loss program.
Aloe vera though IS important! And before going on to the actual program in part 3, let’s look at the top 10 reasons why Aloe vera is a critical part of this healthy weight loss program.
British doctor and recognised authority on the benefits of Aloe vera, Dr Peter Atherton MB ChB, DObst, RCOG, FRCGP (his business cards must be really wide!) is my source of information, since I make no claim to be medically qualified and wouldn’t want you to think otherwise!
- Dr Atherton says that the number one benefit of drinking (yes DRINKING!) Aloe vera gel (from a pure and ‘live’ source) is that it re-balances deficiencies in nutrients often missing (and hard to obtain) through a regular diet (even if it’s already a ‘healthy’ one!). Aloe vera has 19 of the 20 amino acids needed by the human body, including 7 out of 8 essential ones that enable the body to allow complex enzyme systems to work really well. Giving you a tremendous feeling of well being because your body can function at 100%
- Aloe vera gel vitamins B12 (rare in plants), Vitamins A, B-group, C, E and folic acid. Now many of these the body cannot retain, and they need to be consumed daily from a natural (not chemical!) source. The benefit of this is that the body’s defence system against oxidative stress is naturally boosted.
- Aloe vera contains minerals, some of which are calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, chromium, magnesium, manganese, copper and zinc! All delivered to the human body in a very absorbable (and therefore usable form!).
- Aloe vera is a natural balancer. It can be especially effective in the gut, where various bacteria and yeasts become un-balanced and are associated with several different conditions. The Aloe vera gel helps to naturally re-balance things.
- Salicylic acid and plant sterols contained in the Aloe vera gel can soothe muscles, and maintain healthy joints, mobility and flexibility.
- The effect on your skin. Aloe vera can increase the efficacy of fibroblasts (specialised cells found in the skin that produce collagen and elastin). This can improve the structure of your skin making it more elastic and younger looking and…
- Aloe vera provides essential nutrition for the basal cells of your skin (which begin life deep in the lowest layer of your skin, the epidermis. Meaning again that the vital functions of your skin are better supported as well as helping your skin to feel and look rejuvenated.
- Aloe vera gel contains a long chain sugar (polysaccharide) that has a known effect on the cytokine system – the chemical messengers of the immune system, no less! Aloe vera can help to balance the immune system (called an immunomodulator!). And Dr Atherton points out that in the USA, this sugar, extracted from Aloe vera has even been made into a drug!
- & 10. and finally, for our principal focus, the diet; Aloe vera is very beneficial in assisting with healthy digestion. Clinical evidence suggests that Aloe vera gel helps the bowel to absorb nutrients more efficiently, especially protein and it can improve bowel function which errr (coughs) makes it easier to pass bulkier stools.
Now as I said, I’m not the expert, I’ll leave that to the good Dr Atherton. All I know is, that the Aloe vera diet is the ONLY diet I have EVER done (and trust me, I’ve done plenty!), where I’ve felt terrific, lost the weight healthily and kept it off! Need I say more?
OK, well a bit more… In part 3, I’ll explain some of the key concepts of the rest of the program, including why this is NOT a ‘quick fix’ diet, but is a permanent solution! Until then…
Remember, if you want change in your life….
The Change Begins With YOU!
Robin J Emdon
Email: [email protected]